Norton and Townsend
There’s nothing quite like putting on an impeccably tailored suit: you find yourself standing taller, straighter and feeling like you could take on the world. However, as anyone who looks good knows, fit is everything and no matter how expensive or exclusive an off-the-peg suit might be, there is simply no match for going bespoke.
So, aside from fit, what are the advantages from bespoke men’s suits and tailoring? Although there’s a misconception that custom tailoring is beyond the reach of most of us, there’s simply no substitute for wearing clothing that was created to fit you and only you. If you’re still on the fence, here are just some of the reasons why tailor made is worth it:
• Although you might have similar body measurements to someone else, off-the-peg suits and tailoring don’t take into account differences such as wide shoulders, a long torso or thin legs. Bespoke tailoring takes unique body characteristics into consideration as your tailor finds the perfect fit by taking detailed measurements, whilst also taking into account your body, shape, stance and posture.
• Tailors are highly experienced and will take time to learn about your personal style. Going bespoke offers an unbeatable opportunity to put your own stamp on a tailored fit suit, coat, jacket or shirt and with a huge range of fabric options, linings and design choices to choose from, the finished garment will be as unique as you are.
• Bespoke men’s tailoring is synonymous with long lasting quality and because you’re buying a completely unique garment, made using traditional craftsmanship and high quality materials, a custom-made piece will last for decades to come.
• Bespoke tailoring doesn’t have to mean a three piece suit: a set of tailor made shirts, a coat or blazer will give your wardrobe a focal point to build other outfits upon.
• A bespoke suit isn’t just for those important, once-in-a-lifetime occasions. Wearing a tailored suit will give you the confidence which comes from knowing that you look your best. Once you’ve worn a bespoke suit you’ll never look back…
Here at Norton & Townsend we do things a little differently and rather than having to come to our shops in London or Ilkley, we’ll come to you if you prefer. We’ll arrange a dedicated appointment for you to meet one of our experienced tailors – someone who lives and breathes cloth, cut and style. Your tailor will take measurements, take a look at existing garments you love (and some you don’t) with the aim of helping you understand what works for you and what doesn’t.
You’ll be able to choose from hundreds of superb quality fabrics and linings; however your choices don’t end there and your tailor will talk you through bespoke style options covering everything from buttons and lapel styles, through to cuffs and pockets.
Now is the time to invest in a garment that’s as unique as you are – why not get in touch to discover why our bespoke men’s suits and tailoring are a cut above the rest? Visit us in Spitalfields, London or Ilkley, Leeds, at one of our tailoring workshops. Or alternatively, book a visiting tailor to come see you in your home or workplace.